Because the Russia-Ukraine warfare enters its 153rd day, we check out the primary developments.
Listed here are the important thing occasions to date on Tuesday, July 26.
Get the most recent updates here.
- Russian air assaults have intensified within the Donetsk area, officers stated, hitting the cities of Bakhmut, Kramatorsk, Chasiv Yar, Sloviansk and Kostyantynivka, in addition to surrounding villages.
- Rescuers proceed to look below the rubble for 3 extra survivors in an arts and leisure centre in Chuhuiv, 40 kilometres (25 miles) southeast of Kharkiv, after Russian troops fired no less than 10 rockets had been fired on the city.
- The UK has stated there was “no indication” a Ukrainian warship and a inventory of anti-ship missiles had been on the dockside in Odesa port on Sunday after Russia earlier stated it had destroyed these targets with high-precision missiles.
- A South Carolina man serving as a medic within the Ukrainian navy was recognized by his commanding officer over the weekend as one in all two United States residents killed in motion final week.
- Turkey’s President Recep Tayyip Erdogan stated Ankara expects Kyiv and Moscow to uphold their commitments below a deal they signed on the export of Ukrainian grains.
- Guatemalan President Alejandro Giammattei met Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy in Kyiv on Monday, turning into the primary Latin American president to make the journey to Ukraine.
- Moscow may attempt to skew the forthcoming Italian national election by spreading pretend information on social media to favour pro-Russian events, the top of Italy’s centre-left Democratic Get together Enrico Letta has stated.
- The Eurovision contest, the world’s largest stay music occasion, goes to be hosted by the UK on behalf of Ukraine subsequent yr because of security issues, the European Broadcasting Union has stated.
- Russian power large Gazprom stated gas flows to Europe through the Nord Stream 1 pipeline will probably be slashed to twenty % from Wednesday because of upkeep points.
- Vitality ministers from European Union nations will meet on Tuesday and are anticipated to approve a weakened emergency proposal to curb their fuel calls for, with opt-outs permitting some nations to observe totally different paths to organize for Russian provide cuts.
- The Czech Republic’s fuel shops are 80 % full, Prime Minister Petr Fiala has stated, because the nation and different EU member states proceed to spice up storage to guard in opposition to dangers of a halt to Russian provides.